Toowong Cemetery (Brisbane General Cemetery)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
304 Birdwood Terrace
Toowong, 4066 QLD
phone: 07-340 32587
This cemetery was originally called Brisbane General and includes
burials from Milton aka Paddington. It was established in 1866 and
formally opened in 1875, and it is Queensland’s largest cemetery.
There were some disinterments to this one to make way for the park.
Milton was known as Paddington and later became Lang Park. This
once new cemetery, is actively burying now as the main and largest
cemetery in Brisbane. It has Frederick Street as the eastern boundary,
with Mount Coot-tha Road on the south, Richer Street on the west
and Birdwood Terrace as the northern boundary. It is 4.5 kilometres
west of the City on 43.73 hectares of land.
This is not a complete listing of all of the burials in this cemetery.
The records below were provided by contributors to Interment.net.
Last edited Nov 22, 2011. Total records = 816.
Australia Genealogy Links