Grenada County, Mississippi
Confederate Historical Marker
Contributed by Nick Denley, Jul 29, 2000 [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Total records = 0.
HISTORIAL MARKER - located in the odd fellows cemetery, Established
circa 1840, this is Grenada's oldest cemetery. Buried here are many
prominent, early citizens, including Rev. Abraham Lucas, who performed
the "Marriage of Pittsburg & Tullahoma" on July 4, 1836, forming Grenada.
Also buried here are victims of 1878 Yellow Fever epidemic and approximately
150+ Confederate soldier The Confederate Cemetery was restored by the
Grenada Garden Club.
The Confederate Cemetery is located north of the Woodlawn Cemetery, west
of the Odd Fellows Cemetery and Commerce Street, and Mississippi Highway
# 51. North of Mississippi Highway # 8.
All of the markers in the Confederate Cemetery has "Unknown Soldier"
Thanks to the Grenada Garden Club for the restoration of the Confederate
Mississippi Genealogy Links