Toledo State Hospital New Cemetery
Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio
Lat: 41° 37' 02"N, Lon: 83° 36' 08"W
City of Toledo Township, Section 9
Contributed by Paul Fletcher, Oct 15, 2010, last edited Oct 18, 2010 [email@example.com]. Total records = 1,047.
To reach this cemetery start from the junction on Byrne Road and Arlington Avenue, head east on Arlington Avenue. Go about 2/3 of a mile past main University of Toledo Medical Center building and car parks. Turn right (south) onto East Medical Loop. The road curves to right and then left past car park on right and Facilities Support building on left. Cemetery is on left (east) side of East Medical Loop after Transverse Drive.
Toledo State Hospital New Cemetery is also called Toledo Mental Health Center Cemetery. This Cemetery was used from 1924 until 1973.
All of the cemetery lands was owned by the state of Ohio until the 1960s when it was sold to Medical College of Ohio and then to University of Toledo. It is situated on the east side of East Campus Drive. The cemetery is mowed regularly by University of Toledo Grounds department.
This transcription is in part from the Toledo State Hospital burial log at the state library plus additional research. The stones have only numbers on them. Much research has been done to present as accurate a record as possible. All work was done by those working on the Toledo State Hospital Cemetery Reclamation Project.
File contains all the known burials in New Cemetery. Some markers have yet to be uncovered. Transcription compiled Oct 15, 2010 from 2007 Ohio Department of Mental Health cemetery transcription.
- Paul Fletcher
Ohio Genealogy Links
Search Ohio Cemeteries
Clear Digital Media, Inc.