Burkburnett, Wichita County, Texas
920 Bishop Road
Burkburnett TX 76354-3143,
Lat: 34° 04' 42"N, Lon: 98° 33' 10"W
Contributed by Diana Lucier, Dec 18, 2006, last edited Dec 22, 2006 [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Total records = 6,672.
To reach this cemetery in Burkburnett, driving northwest on Hwy 240 (Sheppard Rd). Turn right or northeast onto Sycamore Rd. The cemetery is on the right. There is also an entrance from Hwy 240 before Sheppard Road, turn right or north onto Bishop Road.
This cemetery is owned and maintained by the city of Burkburnett TX. The city had a fire in the 1950s that destroyed all their cemetery records. The city only has records from that point forward.
The oldest headstone is Cordelia J. Hardin who died Mar 24, 1883. The city of Burkburnett does not know when it was started, because it was there before the city was established.
This is a active cemetery in very good shape. The city is opening a new section of 7 more acres next year.
This cemetery was walked by Rebecca Lucier, who did this for her Girl Scout Gold Award. The cemetery was walked from Jul to Nov of 2006. Rebecca had help from her mother, Diana Lucier, members of her church "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Burkburnett Ward, and her Girl Scout Troop #82.
- Diana Lucier
Deaths & Obituaries: Newspapers 1690-Present